Housewarming: Celebrate success, Hold a Housewarming Party, Consider and pray about your next project.
It’s done! After months of waiting, watching, crying, whining, wringing your hands and praying, you can finally move in to your new house. Yay! You offer a thanksgiving prayer, shake the builder’s hand, and then get to work moving in furniture, unpacking boxes, and settling things in place. When it’s presentable, you invite friends and family for a housewarming party.
What do you do when you type “The End” on your story?
Offer a thanksgiving prayer. Celebrate. Go out for a special dinner. Visit the spa. Meet a friend for coffee. Whatever you do to celebrate victories and accomplishments.
Hold a housewarming party.
Typing “the end” doesn’t mean the project is finished. In the writing industry, the end is really the beginning. Your next step is to submit your completed and polished work, whether it’s directly to the publisher or to an agent. Show it off! But be warned…just as friends and family will praise and criticize certain elements of your house, expect the same from agents, publishers and readers.
Consider and pray about your next project.
Who better than the Creator of the Universe to approach for ideas and inspiration? Chat with God. Praise Him. Worship at His feet.
God has such an imagination and a sense of humor. Ask Him for a spark, just a speck of sand, from His creative well and open your mind to His possibilities.
Where can you find ideas?
• Scour newspapers, magazines, and books
• Soak up your favorite television shows
• Browse through news articles and local news sites
• Wade through files and notes, research online
• Dreams. (OK, I hear you laughing here, but don’t discount the idea. My opening scene for Journey’s Embrace actually came to me in a dream.)
• Consider life experiences: weddings, funerals, jobs, family issues, hobbies, etc.
I’m so thankful for the Master Builder and His creative well.
Thank you for joining me on this Build it right! journey.